Leviathan (Event Group Adventure, Bk 4) Review

Leviathan (Event Group Adventure, Bk 4)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Let me say I absolutely LOVED 'Event'...what a great first novel. I've introduced countless friends and radio listeners to this book and so far, each one of them have let me know that I made a great recommendation. When I heard a sequel was coming, well, you can imagine my interest and excitement. Unfortunately, 'Legend' wasn't quite as all-out entertaining, but still fun. 'Ancients' was slightly less so than 'Legend' and I was beginning to worry that the vast majority of creative steam of this author was already spent.
I was wrong. 'Leviathan' is at first, the most full-bore exciting novel I've read so far in the last couple months. Sure, its unbelievable--but guess what? I simply don't care. The story begins way back in the early 1800's and lays the groundwork for a fun and let me say, VERY action oriented tale. I must say that another reviewer got it absolutely correct by saying 'Leviathan' was written a bit differently than the first 3 books...and by that, let me explain: It kind of reminded me what an adventure tale would be like had it been written by Tom Clancy. I hope that makes sense.
A chunk of the story is spent inside the hull of a submarine, and if nothing else, I am a HUGE fan of sub stories--especially the well-told really fun ones. Oh yeah, I can't say for certain, but the storyline in part seems to pay tribute to Jules Verne, and I must say, all done very well, too. I believe Mr. Verne would be proud.
The inclusion of a traitor was a nice touch--and certainly ratcheted up the tension quite a bit (where it was already at to begin with). While I wouldn't say that 'Leviathan' breaks new ground by any stretch, what really counts as far as I am concerned, is quite simply this: did I feel that my money was well spent by purchasing the book? The answer is an absolute YES. For those 'Event' fans who are on the fence regarding giving this one a try...? Go ahead and take the plunge. I still feel the original 'Event' is the best in this series, but 'Leviathan' makes it a close second.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Leviathan (Event Group Adventure, Bk 4)



Buy NowGet 27% OFF

Click here for more information about Leviathan (Event Group Adventure, Bk 4)

0 comments:

Post a Comment