The Angel and the Jabberwocky Murders: An Augusta Goodnight Mystery (with Heavenly Recipes) (Augusta Goodnight Mysteries) Review

The Angel and the Jabberwocky Murders: An Augusta Goodnight Mystery (with Heavenly Recipes) (Augusta Goodnight Mysteries)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I've been a reader of Mignon Ballard's books since the beginning. I don't throw out 5 Stars to anything, easily. But in my opinion this is absolutely her best book. It's certainly right up there with my other favorites of hers, 'Raven Rock' and 'Angel at Troublesome Creek'. Those two novels (to me) absolutely captured the atmosphere of a small town caught up in mysterious events, and the characters were so well drawn that I could've been watching them in a movie. This book captures the same things, only the mystery plot is even better, a real puzzler. I was absolutely spellbound and amazed as I watched the plot unfold, and slowly the answers to the mystery became clear. I've read a LOT of mysteries in my day, and this one had one of the best plots I've ever encountered. I like the Angel in the series, and thankfully, she is not portrayed with any silliness (as would be the case in many cozies). She seems to exude a calmness and confidence that envelopes her charge, and the reader. This novel had more of an edge, and a feeling of real fear, than some of the other Ballard novels, and I liked that...it itensified the mystery. The identification of the culprit at the very end, though not a complete surprise to me, was nonetheless, an exciting and fun climax. The next Angel mystery is coming in November, and I'm looking forward to it...the title alone is enough to make you want to read it !

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Angel and the Jabberwocky Murders: An Augusta Goodnight Mystery (with Heavenly Recipes) (Augusta Goodnight Mysteries)



Buy Now

Click here for more information about The Angel and the Jabberwocky Murders: An Augusta Goodnight Mystery (with Heavenly Recipes) (Augusta Goodnight Mysteries)

0 comments:

Post a Comment