The Divide Review

The Divide
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This was my first book by Nicholas Evans. I know he is an acclaimed author and have seen the "Horse Whisperer" movie. It was the blurb on the book jacket that intrigued me. After I read a few chapters I wasn't sure I wanted to read the rest. I have a daughter that has been missing for 20 years under similar circumstances, and this book really was touching me to the core. But I read on.
Contrary to other reviewers opinions, I think the characters are very believeable. These tragedies do happen to families, good families. Good marriages fall apart for complex reasons. Abbie reacted to her parent's breakup in a very real way. When her world changed she became very insecure and vulnerable to causes and people that gave her a purpose, even if they were wrong. And yes, even kids from good homes and good parents are capable of making grave mistakes that change their lives forever.
I liked Evan's style of writing the ending first, and then backtracking to develop the plot. We know right from the start that Abbie is dead, but we need to know how it all came to be. The story is both compelling and so very tragic. Evan's is a good writer and I plan to read more of his books. Give "The Divide" a chance. You won't be sorry.


Click Here to see more reviews about: The Divide



Buy Now

Click here for more information about The Divide

0 comments:

Post a Comment