The Five Greatest Warriors: A Novel Review

The Five Greatest Warriors: A Novel
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Synopsis: The story picks up exactly where 'Six Sacred Stones' finished and continues the story of the hero, Jack West, and his band of side kicks racing against time and teams of nations who seek ultimate power, searching the world for the remaining sacred Pillars and Vertexes. The aim? To save the planet from anhilation by the Dark Star and from the dictatorship of one single nation or person. This time, the teams decipher a 5000 year old enscription found on the Sphinx at Giza about five warriors (Moses, Ghengis Khan, Jesus Christ, Napoleon and Unknown) and use this information on their quest.
Ahhh, Matthew Rielly. So many uses for a maghook, it makes a girl wonder if she should carry one in her handbag. Every time i pick up a Matthew Reilly book I first think how terrible the writing is, and then somehow after a chapter or two I'm hooked and can't put the book down. This was almost the case this time, I couldn't put the book down, but it lacked some of the real excitement and heart stopping moments of the previous books in this series, and his other books (my favourite is Ice Station).
This book has all the usual Rielly-isms he gets criticism for: unbelievable characters (even if she is some kind of ancient-text-reading wunderkind, Lily really says and does things only an adult would/could do) sounds written in italics (i especially loved the 'fizz-ping' of bullets whizzing past and hitting metal), pictures of places to assist the reader to understand the scenes, and last minute revelations of previous planning by the heroes that just save them from death in the nick of time.
While I totally understand why critics slam his writing, I love these stories. This is an excellent old fashioned adventure story, the good guys are really good and the bad guys are really bad. I say totally suspend your disbelief, and put your literary snobbery on the shelf for a day or two, and just enjoy the ride.

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Five Greatest Warriors: A Novel



Buy NowGet 34% OFF

Click here for more information about The Five Greatest Warriors: A Novel

0 comments:

Post a Comment