Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Holding the distinction of being the most homicidal people group ever, until the Gospel penetrated their culture, the Huaorani of Ecuador have about six thousand years' worth of catching up to do. And they know exactly who is going to help them do it. The man is Steve Saint, their adopted "cowodi" son... whose father they killed, along with four other missionaries in 1956.
The book is captivating as it brings the THROUGH GATES OF SPLENDOR story up to date. I really liked Steve's honesty in relating his story and the frequent use of Huaorani terms. I would like to have a glossary as well, though.
The book includes many color photos, but it would have been nice to see more names along with the photos. I also would have liked to see more current photos of some of the people who appeared in THE DAYUMA STORY, such as Dayuma's sisters and Tyaento ("Sam") and Bai. A Mincaye family photo would have been very interesting as well. It would have made a lot more sense for the dust jacket to feature pictures of real people instead of movie actors.
This remains one of the greatest stories of our time, if not the Second Greatest Story Ever Told. But before getting into this book, I really believe one needs to read THROUGH GATES OF SPLENDOR and THE DAYUMA STORY, at least.
Click Here to see more reviews about: End of the Spear
0 comments:
Post a Comment