Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I almost didn't buy this book because the reviews were less than sterling. But, I know the kind of book I typically enjoy so I changed my mind and stuck it in my cart. Indeed, I ended up finishing this book in about a week (which is pretty fast for me because I have so little time to read). Basically, the book held my interest and moved along...so I was able to stick with it and complete it.
This is a story of identity theft, told in two different "voices" (in alternating chapters). One voice is that of the victim, the other voice is of the perpetrator. Two different women, different lives, different coasts, yet tied together because one stole the identity of the other. It is, of course, a cautionary tale for our times.
As I said, the story moves along. The story is fairly believable and I think we get a sense of who these characters are, and how they come to be in this position. I think the victim character is a little more believable but I suppose that is beside the point. The story is a bit predictable, yet has a few twists, especially at the end. The characters are believable enough but not very sympathetic.
I think the latter point (the fact that the characters are not very sympathetic and indeed fairly drab) are what makes me rate the book three stars instead of four. The story moves along but I didn't care about the characters very much. And I thought the story was rather thin on details. Specifically, some more background on the characters (prior history of their lives, current details on their lives, more friends, etc.) would have made the story a little more realistic and interesting.
However, because the story did hold my interest, I would recommend the book to those looking for an entertaining fast read, particularly if they are interested in the topic of identity theft.
Click Here to see more reviews about: User I.D.
0 comments:
Post a Comment