The Linnet Bird: A Novel Review

The Linnet Bird: A Novel
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
When I began reading this book, I thought "Oh no, an historic romance novel", which I hate. But I was wrong; this is definitely no romance novel. The vivid descriptions of Lindy's, (or Linnet's,) life as a child prostitute in Liverool are sometimes so harsh, they almost made me cringe to read them, but still very mesmerizing. I really started to love the book when she sets off on a four-month sailboat journey to India with its agonizing hardships, but it's when the story moves to India that it really became fascinating. The description of India's climate, landscaping, and people, including the uptight ruling English class with their rigid, sanctimonious views of the "proper way of life" is brilliantly portrayed. The more you read, the better the story becomes, and doesn't disappoint at the end.

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Linnet Bird: A Novel



Buy Now

Click here for more information about The Linnet Bird: A Novel

0 comments:

Post a Comment