The Expanded Bible: New Testament Review

The Expanded Bible: New Testament
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
If you like the Amplified Bible, you'll love The [expanded] Bible. It offers many of the features you love in The Amplified, and then some. Using in text notations, it shows text expansions [ ]; alternates [or]; a more literal rendering of the original language allowing the reader to see why translations make varying choices signaled by [L]; traditional, providing familiar terms and well-known renderings from past translations, especially those in the King James tradition signaled by [T ]; and comments providing historical, cultural, theological, or other explanatory information to help readers better understand a verse or passage signaled by a [C]. In addition, it offers cross-references and textual variants. While it's a little awkward to read, it is a wonderful one-stop option for Bible study. I can see the value of having it as I lead Bible studies and small groups, giving the benefits of several commentaries and making me look pretty smart!
Weighing in at a hefty 608-page hard cover book - New Testament only--it's probably not going to be the Bible I carry to church, but I think it will come in handy at our small group, which is always asking, "I wonder what the Greek word really means?" when faced with various translations.
Despite the size, it is an amazing study tool, including word studies, translation helps, cross references, and cultural notes right within the text. It could be a good devotional tool, depending on how you like to read Scripture. Being more of the scholarly bent, I'm always stopping to look up a word or cross-reference, so this could be very handy. The presence of all of the notes slows the reading process, which I think could be a good thing. It should make be pause, ponder, and reflect.

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Expanded Bible: New Testament


The Expanded Bible: New Testamentreflects the latestscholarship, current English, and the needs of contemporary students of the Bible.This new testamentincludes a multitude of study aidsright in line with the text. Expanded translations and other helpsmake it possible for you tostudy the Bible while you read

Expanded translationsbring out themeaning of words and offer alternatives.



Literal meaningsof termsfrom the original languages are included where they can provide more understanding.



Traditional wordingsassist recollection of familiar terms and expressions.



Commentsexplain passages that can be understood better with a brief remark.



Usefulreferencessupply rewarding opportunities for comparing other Scriptures.



Variantsdisplayadditional wording in some of the original language texts.






Buy NowGet 24% OFF

Click here for more information about The Expanded Bible: New Testament

0 comments:

Post a Comment