Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I read this book cover to cover almost without stopping. It is the most pure, kindhearted, honest account of one person's struggle with faith, yearning for divine guidance and curiosity about the lives of those who seem to have captured the market on believing.
I highly recommend this book for all people, especially those who grew up in a Catholic home or school and have filled their lives with education and culture, yet still feel a shallowness in their hearts. Kristin Ohlson took what was originally a voyeuristic curiosity about these nuns, and found not only a great story, but that the doors to God had never been closed to her.
This isn't some Bible beater's how-to guide. It is a candid story of a journey, through which we learn about the Poor Clares of St. Paul's Shrine. However, the story of the nuns is merely the backdrop to Ms. Ohlson's discovery of her place in the world of faith and divine worship. The book does not end with her "faith switch" being miraculously turned on, but merely her heart having been softened by the work of the Poor Clares.
I think Ms. Ohlson may have found, as I know I did, that person or persons for whom you have such admiration for their faith that you are willing to say, if they be a fool, then I shall be a fool beside them.
This is a great book.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Stalking the Divine: Contemplating Faith with the Poor Clares
Click here for more information about Stalking the Divine: Contemplating Faith with the Poor Clares
0 comments:
Post a Comment