Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I just bought this book today, and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Where a normal mystery book would end, Freeman is only partially into his twisting narrative. I found myself suspecting everyone - but I was totally surprised when the mystery was solved at the end. The main investigator, Jon Stride, is compelling and complex - he's not a perfect man and he's not a perfect cop, but the flaws are realistically human. He's in charge of finding out what happened to Rachel Deese - an unsympathetic victim, but Freeman draws you in to her story. Over the course of the book, we see Rachel's insidious character's impact on her mother, stepfather, friends, and more. All of these characters as well as the judge, DA, defense attorney, and cops are complicated, flawed, and best of all, interesting. At the same time this mystery is unfolding, Freeman draws us into to rooting for Stride - and hoping for the best in his relationships with the women in his life. You cringe when he makes bad decisions, and by the end, you're pulling for him to find happiness. I'm looking forward to the next in this series!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Immoral
0 comments:
Post a Comment